Monday, January 5, 2009

Quilting and Sewing!

Film in the Fridge's blog puts me to shame.  Her fabric and quilts are amazing!

So now that I have all this free time being unemployed and all it's time to get some projects done. Today I ran across one of my mom's quilt books and I really like this quilt on the cover. Maybe I will make that my large project. I've never completed a legit quilt (the one or two I have done have been simple squares with frayed edges). I love 50s look of this of this and it gives me the opportunity to use some vintage fabrics!


















Cover of Quilting with My Sister by: Brandeburg and Christopherson. Lots of great quilt patterns can be found in this book, but I can't wait to start on the cover quilt!

Check out this Pin Cushion by: GeorgiaMcDonald. Isn't it just adorable. The pattern can be found at Heather Bailey's Blog.



























Other projects on my to-do list include putting up my inspiration board, making a dress form cover, a laptop sleeve, and plenty of other items I'm sure I'm forgetting about.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Meghan!
    Thanks for stopping by The Estate of Things and commenting! I enjoyed your blog and I'm glad you are getting started!!
    Good luck on your quilting endeavors.
    Love,
    Betsy from The Estate of Things
    http://theestateofthings.com

    ReplyDelete